Well there is no first step to learn programming but there are few things that every beginner programmer should do before getting their hands dirty in code.
- Be logical: Programming is all about logic and about how you solve problems.
- Be patient: I know coding is no rocket science but still there are people who takes time in learning new things.
- Hard work: Never stop doing hard work if you really want to be a good programmer than never compromise with your coding skills.
- Applying your skills: Improve your coding skills by applying them on real world examples.
- Do not mess with the syntax: Write clean codes and follow the syntax.
there are lots of website were u can start and youtube tutorial
learn the basic of any language either c,c++,java(javatpoint.com) geeksforgeeks
learn the datastructure from nptel and there are lot of question in the geeksforgeeks u can se and solve that